Milford Housing Development Corporation (MHDC) makes the dream of becoming a homeowner a reality. Families join together nights and weekends to build each other’s homes as a group, earning equity, decreasing construction costs, and make lasting investments in their community.
Families contribute at least 30 hours per week for approximately 12 months (or until the group of homes are complete). Hours can be provided by the homeowner, any household member 16 years of age or older, and approved volunteers.
These labor hours, or “sweat equity”, are used as the down payment, reducing costs for a new home. MHDC also assists each applicant with securing the loan needed to build their new home. Special financing from the USDA makes these homes affordable. Escrows; property taxes and homeowner insurance premiums, will be included in the monthly mortgage payment.
- No Down Payment
- Rates As Low As 1 %
- Substantial Sweat Equity – Day One!
- Energy Star Rated Homes
- Various Floor Plans
- Payments Based On Income & Could Be Lower Than Rent
- Good credit status (no credit may be acceptable)
- Stable income from employment and other sources of income
- Ability and willingness to meet the labor requirements
- Primary applicant must be a permanent resident or U.S. citizen