Unfortunately we are currently out of funding for emergency repairs for the remainder of 2017. Please contact us after January 2, 2018 to apply for assistance.
The Statewide Emergency Repair Program (SERP) addresses emergency conditions threatening the safety of qualified Delaware owner-occupants and household members. The SERP provides qualified emergency home repairs to qualified homeowners.
Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) has selected MHDC to administer the SERP. MHDC has formed statewide partnerships in an effort to provide service to qualified homeowners.
- Have valid proof you own your home
- Currently reside in home for at least 1 year
- Meet income guidelines
- Housing condition must be immediate health or safety threat, for example:
- Heating system (winter months)
- Plumbing repairs (non-functioning)
- Electrical repairs (hazard exists)
- Roof repair/replacement (active leak)
- Major structural repairs
- Urgent accessibility modifications
- Additional restrictions may apply
Who Do I Contact?
Give us a call at (302) 491-4010 or toll free at (844) 413-0038. Our staff will carefully work with you to determine if you qualify.